As Far As East Is From West

“…as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:12

God removes our sins an infinite distance. Forgotten by God. Expelled by blood. Our guilt followed our sins and no longer follows us. The chasm that was once between us and God, now between us and sin. Yesterday’s sin of anger? Totally gone. Nothing left to keep me from God.

Comments

Hey there Stephen!
    Nice new look here! very nice!

What a great reminder that the sin of yesterday is gone, His mercies are new every morning!
    I’m glad that this post greeted me this morning, I really needed it. Thank you for yet another encouraging start to the week!
    Blessings
    Ron Reffett

“The chasm that was once between us and God, now between us and sin.” What a gripping statement. I’ve never thought about it in that way. I so benefit from your gift of writing!

Nice template!

3. Megan Liz says

How wonderful to remember! In church yesterday our pastor reminded us that in God’s eyes, we’re perfect–and he loves us just as much as he loves Jesus. Isn’t that too amazing to grasp???

And I love the new look, Stephen! :)

love this verse :] i’ve always thought of the distance from east to west as being the distance between Christ’s hands on the cross. that’s all the distance from east to west it needs to be. just that small few foot span and our sins are forever removed :]

5. Stephen Altrogge says

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Do you find these short posts helpful? Just trying to keep things fresh.

And I’m glad you like the new look.

Im so thankful that He remembers my sins no more.
    When I confess and truly repent from my sins, it is forgotten forever with God. I/we must forgive ourselves and silence the enemy and others why try and throw our sins in our face. Because with God our sins are forgotten. Thank you Jesus!!!