It’s easy to get discouraged when you keep asking Jesus to heal you or someone you care about and no visible answers come. But here are some reasons to keep praying:
- Because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb13.8). When people brought their children or friends to Jesus for healing, he always cured them. Jesus hasn’t changed. When we pray for family members and friends, Jesus is right there, as much as if he were visible.
- Because Jesus told us to keep asking, seeking and knocking (MT 7.7). He wouldn’t have told us to do this had he not intended to answer our prayers. God doesn’t give us futile exercises to do.
- Because God instructs us to make our requests known to him with prayer, supplication and thanksgiving (PHP 4.6). Again, he would not have told us to make requests if he didn’t intend to answer.
- Because Jesus is full of sympathy, compassion, kindness, mercy, tenderness, power and graciousness.
- Because healing people glorifies Jesus and results in thanksgiving to him.
- Because Jesus loves to bless his children.
- Because Jesus takes no delight in our suffering.
- Because he has made many promises to help, rescue and deliver, e.g. “Light dawns in the darkness for the upright” (PS 112.4), and “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” (PS 34.19)
I don’t have answers for why some aren’t healed, but God never lies, and I know that he is completely good, wise, and loving. So keep asking Jesus to heal. Keep seeking and knocking.
photo by ro_buk [I'm not there]