My Favorite Everything of 2009

So this is the time of year when everyone comes out with their “favorites” lists. Favorite books, favorite movies, favorite cold cuts, etc. If Oprah does it, so can I (kind of my life motto). So I thought I’d join in the fun and tell you about a few of my favorites from this year.

Favorite Worship Album – Over the Grave by Sojourn Music

This album is simply incredible. I’ve included my favorite track, “Warrior”, below (RSS readers need to click through):

Favorite Song for Corporate Worship – “Completely Done” from Sovereign Grace Music: Sons and Daughters

This song is excellent both musically and lyrically. Listen below (RSS readers need to click through):

Favorite Non-Worship Album – Armistice by MuteMath

These guys blow me out of my fanny pack. They are some of the most musically creative guys I’ve ever listened to. I’ve included my favorite track from the album:

Favorite Books

I read a lot of books, so I can’t select just one favorite. Here’s a few of my favorites from this year:

Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman – by Jon Krakauer

What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventuresby Malcolm Gladwell

Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everyone Else – by Geoff Colvin

Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion - by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck

Favorite WebsiteGrooveshark.com

You can listen to any music you want whenever you want. I love the World Wide Internet.

Favorite YouTube Video – “David After Dentist” (watch below)

Favorite Snack: Salami

It’s something my body needs anyway, and I like that in a snack.

salami

Okay, you’re turn. Give me a few favorites. I want some sweet recommendations from you guys.

Comments

Favorite Books I’ve read in ’09:
    Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion – by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck (simply amazing!)
    Children of the Living God – Sinclair Ferbuson

Favorite cds in ’09 –
    Church Music – David Crowder Band
    Glory to God in the Highest – Chris Tomlin
    Hope Rising – Fee

Favorite website/blog in ’09 –

Yeah, Groovshark is cool… but I’m digging Lala even more! Lala (http://lala.com) lets you upload your iTunes library to the cloud, allowing you to listen to it wherever you are. It’s similar to Grooveshark, but it’s a bit more robust and has a better, more navigable interface.

Favorite Worship Album: Sons and Daughters
    Favorite Christmas Album: Chris Tomlin’s Glory in the Highest.

Favorite Bible edition: ESV Study Bible

Favorite Book: Impossible to choose just one but here are two favorites: Pilgrim’s Progress and Humility by CJ Mahaney.

Oooo, yes, “if Oprah can, so can I” Ha! Such an important consideration ;-)
    Favourite movies: Children of Wang Shi (sp?) and Up! (slight taste divergence there…)
    Favourite Bible software: Logos 4 !!! Yah, got this and am still learning to use all the bells and whistles!
    Favourite Bible: Ahhhhh, it’s my birthday and I’m getting my own ESV study bible any day now (come on Amazon delivery!!)
    Favourite book: can’t do it, too many, here are a couple: Humility – CJ Mahaney, Prisoners of Hope – Deborah Alcock, Tortured for Christ – Wurmbrand, Don’t Waste your Life – Piper, currently reading Suffering and the Sovereignty of God, and Desiring God. there’s more, but….
    Favourite web site: Desiring God
    Favourite blog: tied for first: Blazing Centre, Pyromaniacs and In the Hands of the Pianist (my dd :-)
    Favourite worship music: John G. Elliot anything
    Favourite ministry web page: tie: Voice of the Martyrs, Joshua Project
    Favourite Prayer focus: Muslim world
    Favourite food: sugar :-D

Hmm…fav album tie between Fee and Sons and Daughters

Fav Corporate worship song: Father’s Love

Fav blog: Worthily Magnify

Fav Bible Edition: ESV Study Bible. (I’m tempted to insert a “DUH” here, but I shall resist…OOPS.)

Fav Books: Prob Humility and Living the Cross Centered Life, Worship Matters, Finally Alive…so many great ones this year, but that was slowed down somewhat by a Chronological Bible Reading plan…doing that again next year!

Fav Snack: Lays Potato Chips – Baked.

Least Favorite New Pet: “Patches” the cat.

Favorite song to listen to while I drive to work at 6am: Don’t Waste Your Life – Lecrae.

I sing very loudly. I know all the words. totally pumps me up for my day. :)
    (and I do not look like the type of person who listens to rap!)

Album: Armistice (Mutemath) closely followed by Identity Crisis (Tedashii)

Worship Album: Awaken The Dawn (Keith & Kristen Getty)

Music DVD: Flight 666 (don’t judge me)

Film: Up

Songs: Code Monkey (Jonathan Coulton), Spotlight (Mutemath), Make War (tedashii feat. Flame & John Piper!),Crying Lightning (Arctic Monkeys), Underground (Tom Waits), Under Your Bed (Fembots) and too many other…

Book: The Case For Life (Scott Klusendorf)

Breakfast: The Warsaw Diner, Canning Circus, Nottingham, UK.

Free Download Album: The Universe Is Flat (Chris Spring)

Best Children’s Comedy Song Based On An Old Testament Murder – The Eglon Song

Best Online Lecture On The Music Business:
    Mike Masnick on Trent Reznor

Best Curry: Chicken Jalfrezi

Best Online Video Mashup: Thru You (Kutiman)

Totally with you on Mutemath (only disappointment is that they didn’t include the second line remix of the title track on the album) and Crowder. Perhaps that’s what happens when you build an album from the ground up (tempos, playlist order) rather than the song down?

Really enjoyed Talent Is Overated too.

Jamie Brown’s blog Worthily Magnify is great.

here’s the link

Thanks for the heads up for Sojourn Music – never heard of them before but could be my favourite album of 2010!